Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 10

Held it together for day 10. According to the timeline, day 10 and 11 are the days you are most likely to give up, so I powered through it by focusing on making all new recipes and reasserting myself to my goals.

For breakfast, I made this Pumpkin Breakfast Pudding. I could only make a half batch because I didn't have as much coconut milk as I thought I did, but I still used a whole banana. I also had to add a lot more almond meal to the oil for the topping for it to even resemble the photo. It still never browned or baked up as I expected it to. The overall flavor was good though and I welcomed the change. I still had an egg with it though. I'm desperately trying to figure out ways to get more veggies into my day.

For a late lunch I just did some chicken tenderloins over coconut oil in the skillet. I had a salad and carrots with that. It was really easy and tasty.

For dinner, I used this Coconut Shrimp recipe. I also made the mango-pineapple sauce she recommends at the end. It was really good, but we made way too much and probably didn't purée it as smooth as she did...which equals baby food for the girl. I also made my own sweet potato fries, and ...let's pretend I didn't forget about them in the oven and burn them terribly. So, with a sad heart, I had a bag of steamed veggies on the side. They are so handy, and as long as you get the ones without the sauces, they are compliant.

Corey asked me this evening if I was feeling any different and the answer is no. I feel exactly the same. Still the same symptoms I'm trying to fix with this plan and I feel like I'm still at the same measurements. But honestly, that doesn't bother me. I'm just amazed that I've been 10 days without sugar, without putting a single processed food in my body, and I also know that my body is still adjusting and figuring out the changes I'm making.

Gonna gear up to stay on plan for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great one!

xo,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment