Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 3

Hey y'all!

Had a decent day. I got to go in to work so I was pretty preoccupied and kept my cravings to a minimum. I had a cute lunch date too (okay, two cute dates). I didn't eat while they were there though, but managed to hold my composure while the husband ate an awesome looking and smelling Quiznos sandwich. Here were my meals:

Breakfast: I scrambled one whole egg and two egg whites and had a side of nitrate free, organic bacon. It was delish. I also had a banana when I got to the office, and it may have been the best tasting banana I've ever had in my life. I think it did something for my sweet tooth.

Lunch: Well this...just not great. I baked a thin cut, boneless skinless chicken breast last night with a little salt, onion powder and smoked paprika. It just wasn't very tasty warmed up. I ate it though. If nothing else, I needed the protein. I had it with a side of arugula, red bell pepper, the lemon vinaigrette I made, tomatoes, blueberries and raspberries.

I snacked on a combo of cashews, almonds and macadamia nuts in the afternoon. I took a hard boiled egg but didn't get to it.

Dinner: I made this eggplant dish tonight and it turned out great! I was really wanting a "stick to the ribs" kind of meal and it hit the spot. I didn't use any cayenne pepper (I just don't like things too
spicy) and I used half of the black pepper the recipe calls for, for the same reason. I didn't have anything on the side, but boy did I want some pasta, Parmesan cheese on top and a big side salad with ranch dressing. But again, it was satisfying without any of that too.

It's the weekend and they always spell trouble for me. My planning just usually goes out the window since the hubs is home and we go run around. Gonna stay on track though! I'm determined to see what can really happen when you're fully committed to the plan! 


No comments:

Post a Comment