Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 7

One week in the books! And it wasn't a bad day at that.

For breakfast, I knew I needed to be eating more colors, so I went outside my comfort zone. Don't worry, it was still eggs...but what was supposed to be a veggie omelet turned in to an accidental frittata for like 10 people. No, but seriously, it ended up waaay bigger than I intended. I could only eat half. I chopped up some orange and yellow bell pepper, broccoli and mushrooms and had two pieces of bacon on the side. Yummy protein pre-run.

Little Bit and I went to the grocery store so lunch was a little late and, as always, thrown together. (I don't disappoint.) It did the trick though. I had a can of sustainable salmon (a brand called Wild Planet recommended by the Whole30 following because it doesn't contain soy like many canned fishes do) with a squeeze of lemon, a sliced tomato, hard boiled egg and half an avocado. I've been eating lunches like this a lot in the last couple of months. They offer a lot of bang for your buck.

I found a bar that's Whole30 compliant, and at the Commissary no less. Cue the Angel choir! The Larabar uses dates as a binder for nuts and fruit. Of course, I can't have any of the chocolate or peanut butter flavored (and definitely not the cookies and cream), but just having an option of a little grab and go snack is wonderful. I will have to concentrate on not using them to curb a sweet craving though and only use them as an energy boost or hunger squasher. Someone also recommended the brand Nakd to me. They are based in the UK so I will have to order them, but I'd like to try it.

Dinner didn't come together until late again, but it was actually quite successful! Husband approved even. I made these Crispy Italian Chicken Thighs. They were cooked perfectly, held in their moisture and the skin was crispy and really flavorful. (I didn't even mind the garlic.) I might go a little easy on the seasoning next time, but that's just personal preference. They were still super tasty and really easy.  I had them with a side of steam bag veggies. (Sorry there's a bite missing. Oops.)


They say day 6 and 7 are the "I need a nap days". I would agree. Then again, I always feel like I need a nap. But I actually fell asleep on the couch during the girl's afternoon siesta. I don't normally do that except on the weekends sometimes.

I'm feeling a little better overall about the process. I still have my cravings (right now for instance, I just want a cupcake), but I'm extremely susceptible to advertising and things around me, and currently we have cupcakes in the house for a friend's birthday. I've really got to get some ideas for different breakfasts and lunches. I've found a couple I'll be trying in the next several days. Hopefully they'll be hits!

Thanks for reading and staying interested, even if only slightly. Just knowing that anyone is reading this helps me to stay motivated. I used to be a hardcore quitter, but I'm different now. The last two years, with my first weight loss journey, then being pregnant and having Amelia, and now my second  go round with weight loss and consistent exercise, they've all played a huge part in who I am today and my outlook on my health and my life and everything I want out of them. This is just another stepping stone in figuring out what works for me.

xo,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. I have found that making a weekly meal plan has helped with those days where you just end up throwing something together. I hate looking in the fridge trying to think of what I'm going to cook. Might help you also!

    ReplyDelete