Sunday, March 30, 2014

Day 11

I'm a bit under the weather, as is the little one, and I am up entirely too late watching a movie but...

Good news. Made it through the second "quittin" day.

Breakfast was leftover Pumpkin Breakfast Pudding from yesterday and a cup of black coffee.

Lunch was a nitrate free, organic andouille sausage with a bit of homemade,compliant Paleo mayo and leftover coconut shrimp and veggies from dinner last night.

After my run I was starving so I ate a banana and pack of raisins.

For dinner we made these Curried Chicken Drumsticks with Carrots and it was very easy and quite good. We couldn't believe you baked them at 475 for 40 minutes, but they came out really tender and the skin was perfect. We mixed the seasoning together in a bowl and rolled the chicken in it, then the carrots. I will say, don't drench the carrots in it because they can get a little spicy if you do. I'm a wimp though, so go for it if you're stronger than me. I had a side salad with mine which my husband had brown rice as it suggests.

For a movie snack, I had a bowl of cantaloupe, honeydew and blackberries. Now, melon and blackberries are Whole30 best choice options for fruit which is great. What I failed at, if I'm being super strict, is that I ate them not out of real hunger, but just because. Maybe I was having a sugar craving, maybe it's just because I'm used to having a snack during a movie. Either way, it doesn't help me mentally get past that "addiction". This is just in interest of full disclosure. Now, I am all for anyone trying this plan in any capacity and level of commitment to the rules they like. Any clean eating is better than none. I don't feel guilt because I know I was putting something worthwhile into my body. But I just need to acknowledge and accept why I ate it and how that affects one of my goals of getting rid of the hold sugar has on me.

Have a wonderful Sunday! More basketball to enjoy. I will be forcing my husband to eat the cheese dip he's planning on making in the kitchen. ;) Go Wildcats!

xo,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment