Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 2


Feeling pretty drained this evening. Not sure if it's because of the "detoxing" or because Little Bit decided to be a handful today. But managed to stay on track even though my lunch was a throw-together meal and dinner didn't turn out as I hoped.

Two things to be proud of:

I drank coffee black today and didn't hate it. It's amazing what we will do out of desperation. I've been going to green tea for an afternoon pick me up these last couple of months, but that wasn't going to cut it today.

And my husband. He's been eating everything I make at dinner. He's had zucchini two nights in a row and that's amazing for him! Helps me feel supported as well.

So here were my meals for the day:

Breakfast: Two eggs fried with just a little coconut oil and an apple. (Sorry, I break my yolks and don't like em pretty. Also, I was feeding Amelia at the same time.)


Snack: I was really loving the Special K Protein cereal with almond milk before I started this plan and have been craving it. I saw a little mixture like this on Pinterest and thought it might curb the craving. It was a perfect post-run snack. Strawberries, blueberries, cashews, and coconut flakes. I then poured a little coconut milk over it. 

Lunch: I threw this one together too. (Like I said, it was a rough day.) I rolled Nitrate free turkey around avocado then added just a little salt and pepper. I had some kiwi and leftover hash from yesterday's breakfast on the side.



Dinner: Nothing about this one came out as planned. These were supposed to be Apple Cider Vinegar Porkchops, but I forgot the chicken broth so they are just seared and finished off in the oven. I made these Zucchini Fritters, but either I failed epically or we should just stop trying to make "bad" things (like a fried fritter) healthier. The flavor was there but they were falling apart and just didn't cook right. Then I just added some leftover green beans from last night.


So there you have it, Day 2. Hoping I get into a groove by next week. I think I'm feeling some of the funkiness they say the first week can bring. 

I'm working tomorrow, so I'm packing up my lunch and snacks right now. I'm pretty excited about how it's looking. Gotta stay prepared! 

xo,
Megan




1 comment:

  1. I must say, I am very proud of you for cutting out 100% of the crap. That's hard to do. I think reading your blog is definitely going to inspire me to stick with my program. Thanks for adding the recipe links! Sorry for the random thoughts! Middle of the night feeding and I'm half asleep!

    ReplyDelete