Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 6-I'm sorry for the words I spoke out of hanger...

Today, a little better. Not so mad. Not so sad. Not thinking of how I can get out of this crazy mess.

Though I still only had meals based on convenience, I felt more satisfied and content. Maybe it was because I was more active today than yesterday (my rest day for the week), with taking the girl to Gymboree and doing my workout. (She also only took one nap so that kept me busy.)

My meals:

Breakfast was scrambled eggs and whites and I browned up some nitrate free turkey in the pan. I had a side of blueberries and raspberries.

Lunch was the leftover taco meat from Saturday night and a bed of romaine with salsa.

Dinner wasn't thrown together until 830 after little bit was in bed. And thanks to my cousin Emily who posted this awesome recipe for roasted broccoli, I had something to work with. I didn't add any garlic because, well, the thought of anymore garlic in my diet makes me queasy. It's like the thing everyone just throws into any potentially bland dish to make it acceptable. (Okay, maybe I'm still a wee bit cranky.) The little crunch and crispness of this side was exactly what I was craving.  And I had yet another chicken apple sausage with the broccoli. My husband pointed out to me though that it's not so bad to have the redundancy of  a meal you know is easy, within the rules, and ready to go when you just don't have the time or any idea of what to come up with, especially in these early stages. I'm just about over the chicken/apple flavor, but it's kept me in line when it would have been so easy to cave and run out to get something I shouldn't have.

I had some cashews and a kiwi thrown in there somewhere today.

I'm on a mission to find new recipes to try this week. I've got a list going right now and a trip to the store planned for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll prove to some of you who are reading this as a way to determine if you want to try it that it's not always going to be this hard and you can try new and good foods!

xo,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment