Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 14

Well, I fell off the wagon today...

April Fool's!! ;) Sorry, had to.

It was a fine day. Actually, identical to yesterday up until dinner.

For dinner I made this dish, Plantain Tostados with Cilantro Lime Chicken and Ranchero Sauce. Overall, I'd call this one a success despite some mistakes on my part and some missing/slightly different ingredients. I forgot to sauté the onion and garlic for the ranchero sauce and just put them in to purée raw (you know, distracted by a screaming kid who gets mad when I baby gate her out of the kitchen). In my opinion, the sauce recipe calls for  much garlic, but my cloves were rather big. My plantains were not very ripe but after reading the comments on the recipe, it didn't seem as though it would hurt. I really like these as an alternative to tortillas. They had good flavor and resembled a corn tortilla. I'll probably make mine thinner next time and mine didn't brown the way the picture shows. I might make double chicken next time. Since, for right now, I can't have beans which is usually what I have on the side of a taco, I used a whole chicken thigh on my one tostado and it doesn't leave much in the way of leftovers, or enough for all six Tostados. The chicken would taste great over a salad with salsa too. I didn't have any guacamole, but that would have been great on top.

Hope everyone had a good Tuesday. See ya tomorrow.

xo,
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment